BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM
CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
It is the purpose and intent of the BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM to create and offer quality learning and baseball playing opportunities.
The following CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT is constructed as an instrument to emphasize
those values, principles, and beliefs which are central to the foundation, structure,
and operation of the BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM.
At all times, we agree to and support:
- Positive and exemplary sportsmanship, and appropriate demeanor by everyone.
- Safety and well-being of players, coaches, umpires, and spectators.
- First-class representation of players, parents/families, coaches, umpires, and spectators.
- Full respect and pride for the presentation of our flag, pledge of allegiance, and national anthem (...and
those of other countries).
- Always playing within the established rules of the game (e.g., age limits, etc.).
- The understanding that participation with the BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM
is a privilege and a player/family decision, completely voluntary, without any pressure or coercion...as such, dual/multiple participation questions or consequences (with other baseball teams, leagues, all-star post-season play, and/or organizations) are 100% family matters and family responsibilities.
- Team dress code, appearance, and player uniform standards...on and off the fields.
- Physical, mental, and spiritual preparation and fitness.
- NO REFUND OF PLAYER FEES FOR ANY REASON, as stipulated on our website, www.boysofbaseball.com.
- Realization that all of our activities (instructional and competitive) are designed to enhance growth and development of all our players, families, and coaches.
- Equal respect and value of every teammate regardless of size, experience, talent, or performance...no criticism or "looking down on" anyone in any manner at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- Mutual respect, tolerance, understanding, and caring in all team matters.
- Coaches decisions (...whether we understand, like, or agree with them!)...and, no "coaching" from the stands.
- Emphasis on team spirit, team unity, team effort, and team success.
- Encouragement of everyone involved... players, coaches, parents, family members, et
- The reality that some players may have more plate appearances, playing time,
positions/roles, and starting assignments, than other players.
- Tactful, quiet, one-on-one discussions of any concerns, questions, or ideas with coaches.
- Acknowledgement that each of us is responsible for our own thoughts, feelings,
attitudes, decisions, and behaviors.
- Giving 100% of our attention, commitment, and effort to our team, and therefore
to our team goals.
- Importance of leaving each other, each dugout, each ball park, each tournament
site, and each situation in better shape than we found them.
- Outstanding player talent, effective/experienced coaching, and top competition.
- The clear understanding that all medical, financial, and legal liability issues,
activities, and consequences are the exclusive responsibility and domain of the
player and/or his respective family, parent(s), and/or guardian(s)... at no
time will the BOYS OF BASEBALL - NATIONAL TRAVEL TEAM nor any of its
associated personnel (founder, manager, coaches, board of directors, et al.) be
sued legally (individually, collectively, or organizationally) in any manner,
for any expenses, damages (perceived or real, intentional or unintentional), losses,
injuries, complaints/problems, complications, and/or inconveniences which may
result from participation with the team activities and/or team initiatives. We
agree to release and forever hold harmless said team and related personnel in
all matters, legal, medical, personal, financial, and/or otherwise.
No claims shall be made for any reason.
We have read, have discussed, and understand this CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT,
and fully, unequivocally support it, its intent, and its essence.
Player signature/date Parent/guardian signature/date